Friday, September 13, 2013

A Chicago Bulls Dream Team

 


   I was asked a question awhile ago that I've been thinking long and hard about. The question was simple to answer for the person who brought up the subject. He put Jerry Sloan and Michael Jordan as his guards, Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman at his forwards, and Tyson Chandler as his center. He stated that his starting five consisted of all of the players in their prime. Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen are no brainers for everyone who would make a All Chicago Bulls team, but Jerry Sloan over Derrick Rose is what made me question his judgement.

       With my list I had to do some careful research on who exactly played for the organization. I also decided to give each of my starters a backup player, so this could actual be a Chicago Dream Team. Some of my rejected players might surprise you. I looked at how much chemistry this team could have, and if they could beat the NBA record of a 72 win season. This ladies and gentlemen is my All Team Chicago Bulls edition.

STARTING FIVE

PG-Derrick Rose
SG-Michael Jordan
SF-Scottie Pippen
PF-Dennis Rodman
C-Joakim Noah

This Starting five is both defensive and offensive. With Rodman and Noah as your big men, you give yourself the chance to get every rebound and every loose ball. Most of your offense will come from your guard positions. Scottie is the gel guy. He will clean up anything that's left over.

BACKUPS

PG- Kirk Hinrich
SG-Jerry Sloan
SF-Luol Deng
PF-Toni Kukoc
C-Tyson Chandler

Like I stated earlier, this is a list of players in their PRIME. I think the only player who many will question me on is Carlos Boozer. I am one of a few that actual believe that Carlos Boozer has been productive since he's been with the bulls. He's not a great defender, but with Tyson and Luol around him, he will be able to to be effective.

FILLING UP THE BENCH

G-Ron Harper
SG/SF-Kyle Korver
SG/SF- Jimmy Butler
PF/C-Horace Grant
PF-Carlos Boozer
 

No comments:

Post a Comment